In an enormous medical goof up, three aged girls who went to take the COVID-19 vaccine have been mistakenly given an anti-rabies injection in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli.
The incident happened on the Kandhala Group Well being Centre of Shamli. The medical negligence by the well being heart got here to mild after the situation of the aged girl receiving the jab turned critical and the family members complained to the chief medical officers demanding motion.
The three girls, recognized as Saroj, 70, Anarkali, 72, and Satyavati, 60, on Thursday reached the group well being centre to get their first COVID jab.
Based on the report, as quickly as they reached the centre, well being staff requested them to get a syringe of Rs 10 every from outdoors and later they have been allegedly administered the anti-rabies injection. All of the aged three girls, who’re mentioned to be illiterate, returned again to their respective houses after receiving the shot.
Later, the situation of one of many girls began deteriorating as she began to panic and felt dizzy. Quickly, the lady was rushed to a personal hospital for therapy and the physician was shocked to see the prescription of the well being centre the place she acquired the jab.
It’s when the non-public physician revealed that the lady has been vaccinated towards rabies on the well being centre. Following which family members of the three girls created an uproar and in addition complained to CMO Shamli Sanjay Agarwal demanding motion towards the well being staff on the centre. A probe is underway within the matter.