West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has introduced sweeping restrictions within the state to curb the unfold of Covid-19. Addressing the media in Kolkata at the moment afternoon, Banerjee stated that the federal government is taking measures to extend beds in hospitals to deal with the difficulty of mattress crunch at hospitals. She additionally appealed to the individuals to donate to the CM Covid care fund to bolster the struggle in opposition to an invisible enemy.
“I chaired a gathering to evaluate the current Covid state of affairs. We’re rising three,000 beds… it is going to be 30,000 beds in some day,” she stated. The Chief Minister added that the state is in need of vaccines and that she has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in search of his intervention.
“Giving second Does of vaccinations can be our precedence,” she stated. She additionally introduced that village medical doctors have been directed to attend Covid-19 sufferers first.
West Bengal: Covid-19 pointers
- Covid-19 adverse report will now be necessary for air passengers acquire entry into the state. passengers should present the report at airports.
- All state transport and metro companies can be restricted to test the motion of individuals. Native prepare companies can be stopped from tomorrow.
- Financial institution hours can be restricted to 4 hours from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Make money working from home for 50 per cent workers of presidency and personal workplaces.
- All political gatherings are banned within the state. SPs have been requested to take immediate motion the place political courses are being reported.
- All markets and standalone retailers will open for 3 hours within the morning (7 am to 10 am) two hours within the night (5 pm to 7 pm).
- All social, cultural and leisure actions can be prohibited till additional order.
Earlier at the moment, Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar administered the oath of workplace and secrecy to Mamata Banerjee at a low-key ceremony at Raj Bhavan held amid the raging pandemic. Banerjee took the oath within the Bengali language. She is the 21st chief minister of West Bengal and the eighth particular person to carry the workplace. The Trinamool Congress got here to energy for the third time in a row in West Bengal, pocketing 213 of the 292 meeting seats that went to polls, whereas its principal challenger, the BJP, bagged 77 seats.