West Bengal recorded a voter turnout of 80.53 per cent on Thursday, whereas the determine stood at 73.03 per cent for Assam within the second section of meeting polls within the two states. The Election Fee stated these figures had been until 5 pm. Polling for the primary section in each states was held on Saturday (March 27). The third section might be performed on April 6 together with Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry elections. The counting of votes will happen on Could 2.
Bengal, Assam second section polling | Huge Factors
- The second section of polls within the two states had been held peacefully throughout 21,212 polling stations unfold over 69 meeting constituencies, the election fee stated.
- “The voter turnout reported by 5 pm from the 39 meeting constituencies of section 2 in Assam is 73.03 per cent.
- The ballot share reported from the 30 meeting constituencies of section 2 in West Bengal is 80.43 per cent as of 5 pm,” the Fee stated in an announcement.
- It stated the “non-functioning fee” of digital voting machines in the course of the ballot is lesser than skilled in previous few polls.
- Throughout this section, a complete of 10,620 poll models, and an equal variety of management models and VVPATs had been utilized in West Bengal.
- In Assam, 10,819 poll models, 10,592 management models and as many VVPATs had been used. One management unit, not less than one poll unit and one VVPAT kind one EVM.
- The ballot panel later stated 55 poll models, 54 management models and 169 VVPATs had been changed in Assam throughout polling.
- In West Bengal, 43 BUs and CUs every had been changed. A complete of 192 VVPATs had been changed throughout polling on Thursday.
- Throughout the ongoing elections until second section, a file seizure of Rs 366.09 crore have been produced from each the states.
- The seizure determine, which incorporates money, liquor, narcotics and freebies, is greater than six occasions the whole mixed seizure of Rs 60.91 crore in meeting elections of 2016, the assertion stated.
- A complete variety of 1,306 instances of Mannequin Code of Conduct violations had been reported via the cVIGIL app from Assam out of which 927 had been disposed as of four.30 pm.
- Equally, 14,499 instances had been reported from West Bengal with 11,630 being disposed until four.30 pm.
(With inputs from PTI)