The opening duo of Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan achieved an unimaginable feat in the course of the third and last ODI of the collection towards England. The pair turned the second from India to attain 5000 partnership runs in ODIs after the legendary duo of Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly.
Rohit and Dhawan, who began opening collectively within the fifty-over format in 2013, achieved the feat of their 111th innings as openers.
Tendulkar and Ganguly additionally shaped a formidable opening pair throughout their time within the nationwide workforce.
Rohit and Dhawan additionally went previous Australia’s pair of Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden en-route their 103-run partnership within the third ODI. This was their 17th century-partnership, surpassing Gilchrist-Hayden’s report of 16.
This is the checklist of most partnership runs as ODI pair:
- Sachin Tendulkar-Sourav Ganguly (India) – 8227
- Mahela Jayawardene-Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) – 5992
- Tillakaratne Dilshan-Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) – 5475
- Marvan Atapattu-Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) – 5462
- Adam Gilchrist-Matthew Hayden (Australia) – 5409
- Gordon Greenidge-Desmond Haynes (West Indies) – 5206
- ROHIT SHARMA-SHIKHAR DHAWAN (INDIA) – 5023
This is the checklist of most century partnerships as ODI pair:
- Sachin Tendulkar-Sourav Ganguly (India) – 26
- Tillakaratne Dilshan-Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) – 20
- Virat Kohli-Rohit Sharma (India) – 18
- ROHIT SHARMA-SHIKHAR DHAWAN (INDIA) – 17