The farmers motion that had been peaceable for the final two months turned violent on Republic Day on Tuesday after the protestors deviated from the designated route for the proposed tractor rally. After a conflict between the farmers and police at ITO the place lots of of protestors have been seen chasing police personnel with sticks, ramming their tractors into the buses, they then reached Purple Fort.
Here is how scenario turned ugly at Purple Fort
- A whole lot of farmers on their tractors with flags whereas ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisaan ‘ echoed throughout central Delhi, finally made their option to Purple Fort after breaching all of the barricades on the best way.
- The farmers swarmed the Purple Fort and waved flags from the ramparts of the fort. They hoisted farmers’ union flags in addition to the Nishan Sahib flag. Some Nihangs waved their swords from the dome.
- Later Police have been seen eradicating the flag whereas attempting to take away protesters from the monument, resorting to a lathi-charge. The adamant farmers attacked the police personnel. Quickly after, lots of of protestors have been seen chasing the cops with sticks, rods which left a number of police personnel severely injured. The protestors have been additionally seen pelting stones on the police personnel and destroyed public property as properly.
- The protesters have been uncontrolled for a while as they outnumbered the Delhi Police on the fort however later heavy deployment of the CRPF occurred and scenario was introduced below management.
- Quickly after the sudden scenes on the Purple Fort the ‘Samyukta Kisan Morcha’ issued an announcement distancing itself from the ‘violent parts’. The farmers’ union stated, “We condemn and remorse the undesirable and unacceptable occasions which have taken place in the present day and dissociate ourselves from these indulging in such acts.”
- The farmers have been supposed to stay within the areas adjoining the Delhi borders and never enterprise in the direction of Central Delhi however they violated all of the agreements and pointers given to them.