The Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) on Wednesday introduced a “Parliament March” within the first fortnight of Might. The date for the march is but to be determined. That is yet one more symbolic protest towards the three contentious farm legal guidelines, which have been projected by the Centre as main reforms within the agriculture sector that can take away the middlemen and permit farmers to promote their produce anyplace within the nation. Nonetheless, farmers have repeatedly expressed apprehension that the brand new legal guidelines would pave the best way for eliminating the security cushion of the Minimal Assist Value (MSP) and dispose of the “mandi” (wholesale market) system, leaving them on the mercy of massive corporates.
- The ‘Parliament March’ will likely be joined not simply by farmers, but in addition by ladies, and unemployed people, and labourers who’ve been supporting the motion.
- Farmer chief Gurnaam Singh Chaduni stated the march can be carried out in a “peaceable” method, and particular care can be taken that “what occurred on January 26 isn’t repeated”.
- Farmer leaders are additionally planning to type a committee to manage protesters if there’s police motion in parliament march.
- “We are going to type a committee to let the protestors know what to do in case there’s police motion in the course of the march. “It’s going to even be made clear to them that SKM condemns every kind of violence. So the protestors will know that if there’s any injury of property by them, they should serve the penalty,” a farmer chief stated.
- Farmer leaders additionally introduced their plans to dam the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal expressway for 24 hours on April 10.
- “We will likely be blocking the KMP expressway on April 10 for 24 hours, that’s from 11 am on April 10 to 11 am on the subsequent day. “We will likely be doing this as a result of the federal government has not been listening to us. It has been sleeping. That is to get up the federal government,” one other farmer chief stated.