A high-octane electoral marketing campaign for the second part of West Bengal and Assam meeting polls ended Tuesday night, setting the stage for the voting on April 1. In Assam, the second part of state elections will resolve the destiny of 245 candidates in 39 seats whereas Bengal will witness voting in 30 constituencies unfold throughout 4 districts whereby the destiny of 171 candidates will probably be sealed.
- The Citizenship Modification Act (CAA) challenge was on the forefront of the marketing campaign, with the BJP, which had maintained a studied silence on it within the run as much as the primary part of voting, elevating it within the Barak Valley this time as a carrot to the predominantly Hindu Bengali inhabitants, a few of whom have their roots in Bangladesh.
- Union Dwelling Minister and BJP chief Amit Shah, in his election rallies at Patharkandi and Silchar, talked about the controversial laws, for the primary time, assuring that citizenship rights will probably be given to refugees, whereas aserting on the similar time that the BJP won’t enable infiltrators to enter the state.
- The BJP was, notably, strident in its assault on AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal accusing him of encouraging unlawful infiltration, resulting in encroachments and “land and love jihad” which the occasion has promised to sort out.
- After the announcement of ballot dates in February finish, Prime Minister Narendra Modi started his marketing campaign from Karimganj in Barak Valley.
- The Barak Valley has 15 seats within the 126-member state meeting.
- Modi additionally held a rally at Sipajhar from the place former Asam Sahitya Sabha president Paramanda Rajbongshi is contesting because the BJP candidate.
- Among the many outstanding BJP leaders who campaigned for candidates within the second part are central ministers Amit Shah, Nitin Gadkari, Narendra Tomar, Jitendra Singh, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan amongst others.
- The BJP, Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) and the United Folks’s Social gathering Liberal (UPPL) are alliance companions.
- The destiny of 171 candidates will probably be determined within the second part by 75,94,549 voters who will train their franchise in 10,620 polling cubicles unfold throughout the 30 constituencies.
- All of the cubicles the place polling will probably be held within the second part have been declared as “delicate” by the EC. It’s going to deploy complete 651 corporations of Central Armed Police for this part of election which will probably be held in Bankura (Half II), Purba Medinipur (Half II), Paschim Medinipur (Half II) and South 24 Parganas (Half I), they mentioned.
- A complete 199 corporations of CAPF will probably be deployed in Purba Medinipur, 210 corporations in Paschim Medinipur, 170 in South 24 Parganas and 72 in Bankura, the sources mentioned.
- The ultimate day of the campaigning noticed hectic canvassing for the Nandigram seat in Purba Medinipur district the place Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is dealing with BJP chief and her former follower Suvednu Adhikari.
- Union Dwelling Minister Amit Shah held roadshows with Bengal’s megastar Mithun Chakraborty in assist of Adhikari in Nandigram through the day, whereas Banerjee, who’s confined to a wheel chair following her damage which she had sustained whereas campaigning within the constituency, criss-crossed it addressing rallies at a number of venues.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Shah and BJP nationwide president J P Nadda had led BJP’s marketing campaign from the entrance addressing rallies at Kanthi and Nandigram and urging the citizens to vote for the saffron occasion to usher in ‘ashol poriborton’ (precise change) to construct ‘Sonar Bangla’ (affluent Bengal).
- Modi in his rallies had attacked the TMC authorities and Banerjee, accusing her of “appeasement politics” and asserting that “khela shesh hobe” (sport will probably be over).
- Different star campaigners of the BJP burdened on numerous scams of the ruling Trinamool Congress – from the Saradha and Narada tape rip-off to the current allegations over the siphoning of funds for Amphan aid and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- They highlighted the achievements of the BJP-led authorities on the Centre of their rallies and blamed the TMC authorities for not permitting schemes just like the Ayushman Bharat, PM Kisan Samman Nidhi to be carried out within the state, the place the BJP leaders claimed corruption and anarchy are prevalent.
- Banerjee, who has chosen to contest from Nandigram as an alternative of from her dwelling seat Bhowanipore within the metropolis, stayed put there and campaigned from her wheelchair.
- The feisty politician held two back-to-back rallies in Paschim Medinipur regardless of the early summer season warmth urging folks to vote for TMC in order that the event work taken up there by the federal government continued.
- Banerjee, who was accmpanied by TMC MP Abhishek Banerjee attacked on the Adhikary household, calling them “gaddars” (traitors) and “Mir Jafars” and requested folks to not vote for them.
- “Bangla desires her personal daughter (Mamata). So vote for her,” Abhishek Banerjee urged in his conferences. (With PTI inputs)