‘Every One Pay One’: Centre readies new scheme to fund Covid vaccines for poor


Picture Supply : PTI (FILE)

‘Every One Pay One’: Centre readies new scheme to fund Covid vaccines for poor

The Centre has proposed to launch a brand new scheme — ‘Every One Pay One’ to fund Covid-19 vaccines for the poor. Below this scheme, the federal government will enable paying those that are prepared and might afford to pay for vaccine doses for the poor and needy, sources advised India TV.

The federal government will subject e-voucher that folks should purchase to fund the vaccination drive for the poor. Anybody should purchase these e-vouchers within the title of a identified particular person, assistant, or employees. He/she will go to any hospital and produce the voucher to take the vaccine.

These e-vouchers will probably be non-transferable and mandated by the Reserve Financial institution of India. There will probably be no limitation on the variety of vouchers a person should purchase, sources mentioned.

The federal government believes that the ‘Every One Pay One’ scheme will scale back the burden on authorities hospitals and pace up the vaccination drive. 

Earlier on Monday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi throughout his handle to the nation mentioned that every one Indians above 18 years of age will probably be administered free Covid-19 vaccine from June 21. He mentioned that states will probably be offered vaccine doses freed from value from Central authorities.

“The federal government of India will present free vaccine to the states from Monday, June 21, in each state for all residents above the age of 18 years,” he mentioned, including that the Centre will purchase 75 per cent of the full vaccine manufacturing from vaccine producers and provides it free to the states. The remaining 25 per cent of vaccines being made within the nation will probably be offered on to the non-public sector hospitals. The non-public hospitals can cost a most service charge of Rs 150 for a single dose above the fastened value of the vaccine.

He additionally mentioned that vaccine provide will enhance within the nation within the coming days and trial for 3 extra vaccines is happening.

In response to the federal government’s information, the cumulative variety of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered within the nation has exceeded 23.59 crore on Monday. The federal government has set a goal to inoculate 1 crore folks each day and supply vaccine to total inhabitants by December this yr.

READ MORE: PM Modi publicizes free vaccine for 18+ age group; ‘one easy query…’, Rahul Gandhi’s immediate criticism

READ MORE: What went behind PM Modi’s resolution to announce new vaccine coverage – This is the story

Newest India Information



Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *