The Staff’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is predicted to credit score the primary instalment of the eight.5% curiosity to its subscribers by Diwali, a report by Reside Hindustan mentioned. Again in September, the retirement fund physique had mentioned it could credit score part of eight.5 % curiosity on Staff Provident Fund (EPF) for 2019-2020 into the account of its round 6 crore subscribers. The remaining zero.35 % fee of curiosity on EPF for 2019-20 could be credited in December this 12 months, sources had mentioned.
In response to information company PTI, the EPFO had earlier deliberate to liquidate a few of its funding in trade traded funds to fulfill the deficit for offering eight.5 % curiosity for the final fiscal. Nonetheless, it couldn’t do due to the uneven market circumstances amid lockdown on account of COVID-19 pandemic.
Learn how to test account stability
- Subscribers will have the ability to test their PF stability via a textual content message if their UAN quantity is registered with the EPFO. Simply ship ‘EPFOHO’ to the quantity 7738299899 to get your account particulars.
- When you want to get your account particulars in Hindi, then simply write ‘EPFOHO UAN’ and ship it to the identical quantity.
- Else, you too can get your particulars in English, Punjabi, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali.
- The subscriber’s UAN quantity and checking account needs to be linked to their everlasting account quantity (PAN) and Aadhaar card.
- Subscribers can entry their passbook via the EPFO web site to test their account stability utilizing UAN quantity.
- EPFO subscribers can go to the web site epfindia.gov.in and click on on the E-passbook choice.
- Fill in username, password and captcha code, member ID for which you wish to see the stability. The EPF passbook will mirror the stability. Obtain the passbook for future reference.