Delhi-Katra Expressway: The landmark Katra-Delhi expressway hall can be accomplished by 2023 and it’ll promote spiritual tourism because the highway will join the holy cities of Katra in Jammu and Amritsar in Punjab, Union Minister Jitendra Singh mentioned on Monday. The work on the Kathua-Jammu freeway extension from four-lane to six-lane has additionally began, the minister of state for personnel mentioned.
Delhi-Katra Expressway | All you have to know
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh mentioned that a distinctive function of the Katra-Delhi expressway hall can be that it’s going to join two vital holy cities — Katra-Vaishno Devi and Amritsar — earlier than it reaches Delhi.
- “This may even promote spiritual tourism and on the identical time, present connectivity to industrial and financial hubs in Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana and Punjab,” Singh mentioned.
- Singh mentioned that it is going to be potential to cowl the journey from Katra to Delhi in about seven hours and from Jammu to Delhi in simply over six hours.
- “Folks will then want to journey by highway as an alternative of enterprise rail or air journeys,” the minister mentioned.
- After receiving an replace on the mission from the Nationwide Freeway Authority of India (NHAI), Singh mentioned this specific freeway goes to be a game-changer and likewise the primary of its sort in north India when it turns into practical.
- Jitendra Singh thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for sanction of the mission and expressed gratitude to Union Minister for Highway Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari for having accepted Rs 35,000 crore for its completion.
- Singh mentioned the expressway hall is not going to solely result in ease of journey but additionally promote income era and enterprise exercise, in accordance with an official assertion.
- Whereas the survey has been accomplished and land acquisition is beneath progress from Delhi as much as Pathankot, concurrently the freeway from Pathankot-Kathua to Jammu may even be broadened and made into six lanes, it mentioned.
- Singh mentioned that there had been some delay within the mission as a result of COVID-19 pandemic, in any other case the expressway hall may have been accomplished even earlier than the proposed timeline, the assertion mentioned.