At the very least 78.36 per cent voter turnout was registered until 5 pm on Saturday throughout 45 meeting constituencies of West Bengal the place voting was held for the fifth section, Chief Electoral Officer Aariz Aftab mentioned. Bengal elections are being held in eight phases whereas the counting of votes will happen on Might 2.
Bengal elections section 5 polling concludes | Takeaways
- Jalpaiguri witnessed the very best polling proportion (81.73), adopted by Purba Bardhaman (81.72), Nadia (81.57), North 24 Parganas (74.83), Darjeeling (74.31) and Kalimpong (69.56), he mentioned.
- “By and huge polling has been peaceable in Bengal at this time aside from a number of incidents of violence,” Aftab mentioned.
- At the very least 123 individuals, together with one Impartial candidate, had been arrested throughout polling within the six districts of the state, the CEO mentioned.
- “Out of the whole determine, 100 are preventive arrests. Impartial candidate Koushik Bhowmick was held from Baliadanga Daspara in Chakdah meeting constituency for carrying a country-made firearm exterior sales space 44, 44A. It was seized,” Aftab advised reporters.
- Three individuals had been apprehended for attacking and injuring one particular person in Shantipur, and two others had been detained for ransacking a home in Gayespur.
- Altogether, 2,241 complaints had been acquired from the constituencies, the place voting was held from 7 am to six.30 pm, he mentioned.
- The Election Fee had deployed at the least 853 firms of central forces for Saturday’s polling.
(With PTI inputs)